There have been a whole lot of talks about the western folklore being the dominant culture around the global. The world seems to have gone all gaga about it. However, the debate of western culture affecting the other cultures still remains unquestioned. Before jumping to conclusions, it is important to understand the relevance of cultures.
What is culture?
- It means the way people lead their life within the society limits, rules, and regulations.
- The taste of people changes from generation to generation.
- Culture does not restrict to the values, morals, and customs. Though, it does restrict to arts and beliefs. It defines humanity and its scope, cultural adaptation and more.
The existence of Western culture
- Zones divide the world. Like other zones, there is a western zone w/ . ;here civilization, lifestyles exist – the European culture. The western civilization abides by its set of heritage and ethical values. It believes in certain customs and political systems.
Why is western society attracting other cultures?
- Cultural adaptation is the whole new family; VasudhaivaKutumbakam (Sanskrit word-meaning whole world is a family). When a family member finds something new to learn from the other member, one embraces with pride. Such is the case with other countries universally.
- Incidents of cultural shocks, adjustment stages are there. But the belief if there is something good, why not adopt it? For instance, the equation of equality is much seen in western customs as compared to other cultures. Accommodating such a culture is no harm in any culture.
Many cultures have their pitfalls; it is the way we look at it. When you look at eastern culture’s family relationships and bonding; they are family centric as a contrast to western culture. Read more on eastwestculture.org. Whether western lifestyle is affecting the other cultures around is not important than the right culture being imbibed in individuals.